The phrases. All 14
- I need help Necesito ayuda potrebuji pomoc
- I’m allergic to dairy Soy alérgico a los lácteos Jsem alergický na mléčné výrobky
- Excuse me Perdón, disculpeme, con permiso Promiňte
- My name is Mi nombre es Jmenuji se
- What is your name Cuál es su nombre Jak se jmenuete
- I’m hungry hambriento Já jsem hlad
- How do I get to… ¿Cómo puedo llegar a …. Jak se dostanu do ….
- I’m a teacher Soy una profesora Jsem učitelka
- Here I go Voy a ir Jdu
- I’d like to buy Me gustaria comprar Chtěl bych koupit
- I’m hurt Estoy herido Jsem zraněn
- Where is ¿Dónde queda Kde je
- Good Morning Buenos dias dobrý den
- Bread el pan chlèb
The newest phrase
how are you? cómo estás a jak sa mas
No more new phrases this week. These have to sink in more before I add in anything new. I can say them, I used a few of them at work yesterday and most of the time I remember what they mean 🙂
THIS is real research to reflect on. I’m even more astounded by our ESL children who are learning how to make conversations at the same time as trying to learn about science or History.
It’s been a long week and a lot of wonderful and crazy things have happened.
First, my dad and stepmom came down from Montana to pick up a motorcycle they had purchased a while ago. I got to ride it ALL OVER Albuquerque on it! We went to Marble http://marblebrewery.com/
with Alice, my stepmom, behind Thane on my bike and me behind my dad on their new bike.
I am seriously getting anxious to be in Prague already. I’ve even considered seeing if I can go to the August class instead of the September class, but there’s a transfer fee and I don’t feel like adding any more expense. I’m already going, I can wait one more month. Aaaaaaagh, maybe.
I was able to talk with my friend Bryson this morning and his virtual tour of Prague gave me a little something to hold onto and keep me sane for a while longer. Thanks Bryson.
Now, to go get all my paperwork notarized, certified, and apostilled in preparation! The butterflies have moved from my stomach to every inch of me 😀 I’m so happy!